Thursday 2 July 2009

Jade Lim Work Experience

Hello! I'm Jade Lim I'm 15 and go to Long Stratton high school, currently I am studying for my GCSE's, Art, Graphics, Triple science and I.C.T (a random mix I know)! I am currently on year 10 work experience, I decided I wanted to go to a graphics designers (as that is something I am interested as a career) I wound my way to GGS creative graphics http://ggs.co.uk ! I arranged my work experience for a week starting on the 29th June.

I on the Monday morning , I was quite nervous on the first day but I was mostly exited! I started the day by first getting introduced at a Monday morning meeting to the staff (they are all so nice!!) , shortly followed by a tour of the building, the building is huge and I was surprised at the size of the printers (ahaha!). I started the day by helping out in the photography studio, we where taking pictures of a stand for a client that was coming in later that day (I felt rather useless as I didn't know much about photography!) in the afternoon I had been appointed a task by Chris ball to find a place to print 45000 (or 4500 I cant remember anymore ahah!) calendars! (on a nice shiny Mac!!)

Tuesday was exciting as I spent the day with the designers! I started the day watching Michelle as she gave me the download of everything she was doing (it was a bit overwhelming aha!) after a couple of hours Michelle gave me a quick fake design brief and I spent the rest of the day designing a a5 brochure for my pop-up book I’m making at school for my graphic project! I got to grips with all the different programs etc.

Wednesday I help in the office I spent most of the time filing and doing small errands like folding letters (sorry if you get dodge folded mail ahaha!) . After that I help with photography I got to grasps how big the studio is, last time I was in there there was a huge stand! I learnt how to take picture of art work that’s to big to fit into a scanner. After lunch I continued to help out with the office staff and watched them with the overly complicated database type program!

Thursday (today)
Today I started off helping (I say helped more like watched aha!) the mounting technician he was working on the ceiling tiles for the hospitals. I just finished hovering up I hope its okay as I’m not the greatest at hovering (aha) then I wrote this!

IM really enjoying my work experience here at GGS! I hope I have been of some help around here and not just been a burden (aha??)! its been great I have experienced what’s its really like at working as a designer and all the other staff behind the scenes that makes it all possible!
I am very thankful to the GGS graphics for taking me and looking after me it has been a very valuable experience! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment